Looking for some words of wisdom? Check out these Jesus quotes from the New Testament! These scriptures are sure to help you in your everyday life.
Jesus is the heir of all things and the founder of our salvation- without Him, there is no life. Trust in Christ today and He will guide you through whatever situation you are facing.
In the New Testament, Jesus spoke many words of wisdom that can help us with everyday life situations. Let’s look at 15 of them and their meanings:
1. “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” -Revelation 22:13
This means that Jesus is eternal. He was, is, and always will be. He is also everything we need- He is our beginning and our end.
2. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16
This is probably the most well-known of all Jesus quotes. It tells us that God loves us so much that He sent His son to die for our sins. If we believe in Him, we will have eternal life.
3. “No one comes to the Father except through me.” -John 14:16
This means that Jesus is the only way into Heaven. There is no other path. It’s important to remember this quote when we are feeling lost or hopeless. Jesus is always there for us- all we have to do is trust in Him.
4. “Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a little child shall not enter it.” -Mark 10:15
This quote is all about humility. We must come to Jesus as children- with innocence and faith. If we try to act tough or worldly, we won’t make it into Heaven.
5. “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” -Matthew 16:18
This quote is about Jesus’ authority. He tells Peter that he will be the one to lead His church- and no force can stop it from succeeding. This is a great reminder that Jesus is always in control and we can trust Him to take care of us.
6. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.” -John 15:13
This quote is about Jesus’ love for us. He compares Himself to a shepherd who protects and cares for His sheep. Jesus is willing to lay down His life for us- He loves us that much!
7. “But the one who endures to the end will be saved.” -Matthew 24:13
This quote is about perseverance. It’s not enough to just start following Jesus- we have to stay faithful until the very end. If we do, we will be saved.
8. “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” -John 16:33
This quote is about comfort in difficult times. Jesus tells us that we will face trials in this life, but we can take heart because He has already overcome them all. We can trust Him to help us through whatever we are facing.
9. “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.” -John 14:27
This Jesus quote is about peace. He tells us not to worry or be afraid- we can put our trust in Him. Jesus is always with us and He will never leave us alone.
10. “I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.” -John 15:15
This quote is about dependence on Jesus. We are like branches of a tree- we need Jesus (the vine) to survive. If we stay close to Him, we will bear much fruit.
11. “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.” -Matthew 18:06
This quote is about protecting those who follow Jesus. It’s not enough to just not hurt them- we need to do everything in our power to help them stay on the right path. If we cause one of these little ones to sin, it’s as if we’ve killed them.
12. “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” -Mark 12:17
This Jesus quote is about understanding the difference between earthly authority and spiritual authority. We need to obey those in positions of power here on earth, but we also need to remember that God is the ultimate authority.
13. “For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?” -Mark 08:36
This quote is about priorities. It’s not enough to just have material possessions- we need to have a relationship with God. If we focus on earthly things, we will lose our souls. Jesus is more important than anything else in this world.
14. “And you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” -Acts 1:8
This quote is about evangelism. Jesus tells us that we are His witnesses- it’s our job to tell others about Him. We need to share the good news with everyone we come in contact with.
15. “Whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.” -Matthew 8:34
This quote is about sacrifice. It’s not enough to just believe in Jesus- we need to be willing to make sacrifices for Him. If we’re not willing to put Christ first, then we’re not worthy of Him.
These quotes about Jesus are not just about trusting and having faith in Him. They are about how to live our lives and how we should treat others.
Jesus is the perfect example of how to live a righteous life. If we follow His teachings, we will be sure to find success both in this world and the next, where we will spend eternity with Him. Thanks for reading!