The Lord Jesus Christ said, “And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well” Mark 16: 17 – 18.
Can you see it there? You can actually heal the sick if you believe or you are a Christian of faith and a prayer warrior. All you need to do is to lay your hands on the sick. The Lord instructed that as you go about preaching the gospel, “Heal the sick, raise the dead, and cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give” Matthew 10: 8.
Below are 15 prayers for the sick that you can use for a family member, a friend, a church member, yourself or anyone who you would like to help heal and get well.
1. Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I thank You for the privilege and power to heal the sick. I exercise that authority even now. I pray for sick children in the hospitals. I pronounce healing upon them all. I declare that the healing power of God permeates their body; heal their lungs, kidneys, hearts, brains and everywhere they are hurting. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pronounce those in the intensive care unit healed. Yes, the doctors know what to do and they are doing it by the influence of the Spirit of God. Amen.
2. I thank You Father God for the lives of members of my family wherever they are. I pray for those needing healing in their bodies that they are healed by the healing power of God, in Jesus’ Name. I extend my force field to reach every one of them wherever they are. I declare them healed because they are connected to me. The Name of the Lord Jesus Christ is named upon them and their healing testimonies would draw men and women to know and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Amen.
3. By the authority I have to use the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ to heal the sick, I pray for Christians that are sick in various hospitals and homes; that the power of God comes upon them now. I pronounce healing upon them, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Where they are, I pray that they receive faith to believe the Word of God and exercise their healing, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
4. Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for the sick elderly in hospitals, Special Care Centers, or Homes. Lord God, some might be too sick to exercise their faith or even want to live. I pray that the power of God comes upon them now and their health be restored. Lord, Your Word said in Philippians 2: 10 “Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.” I declare that every named and unnamed sicknesses afflicting the elderly, especially the Christians are subject to Your Name. I declare them healed by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
5. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for pregnant women who are sick in my community and world of contact. I pronounce them healed right now. They receive strength right now by the power of the Holy Spirit. None will die in child bearing, in the Name of Jesus Christ. I declare that the doctors know what to do and are willing to do it to save them. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, they would deliver their children in safety and be alive with their children. Amen.
6. Dear Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for the ministers of the gospel that are sick or afflicted with one ailment or the other. I pray that the Word of God they have studied and preach with great faith and excitement would come alive in their spirits right now to stir up faith in them to enjoy their health. I declare that they are healed in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Oh! I pray that they realize that they have been healed and made whole by the stripes of the Lord Jesus Christ. Their faith is stirred right now to walk out of that sickness to the glory of God. Amen.
7. Lord God, I thank You for the healing power in Your Word. The Psalmist said by the Spirit in Psalm 107: 20 “He sent His Word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.” I pray for as many Christians who are being destroyed with different kinds of sicknesses as a result of their sins or errors. I pray for forgiveness and healing for them, in the Name of Jesus Christ. I pray that they realize their mistakes; humble themselves before You Lord and be healed. I thank You, Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
8. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I declare that anyone that is sick that I come across would contact the healing anointing that is me. Lord, You have anointed me with the same anointing power the Lord Jesus Christ, had to heal the sick, cleanse lepers and to deliver anyone that is oppress of the devil. I declare that as I minister Your Word, faith would be stirred in their hearts to receive their healing and deliverance and Your Holy Name would be glorified. Halleluiah!
9. Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for members of my local church that is sick or any member of their families that is sick. I declare them healed by the power of the Holy Spirit. I rebuke the devil and his cohorts; I destroy their works over the lives and health, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. As many that are in the hospital, I declared them healed. Those of them managing one ailment of the other; be it diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, migraine, or any discomfort, I pronounce them free, They are cleansed of every infirmity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
10. Father God almighty, I pray for those who have lost hope of ever living healthy again. Your Word said healing is the children’s bread. Lord, these are Your children and like that woman, a seed of Abraham who was bent over that the Lord Jesus Christ healed; these ones are also the seeds of Abraham with the right to live in divine health. I pronounce the recovery of health on these ones. They are miraculously healed by the power of the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
11. By the stripes of the Lord Jesus Christ, divine health and healing have been procured for everyone on the face of this earth, especially for those that have made the Lord Jesus Christ their personal Lord and Savior. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray that the sick, especially those sick with incurable and terminal diseases would recognize this fact and take advantage of the divine health and healing in their salvation package. I declare that they are filled with the accurate knowledge of God’s Word in their hearts and faith stirred within them to draw health and healing from their well of salvation. Halleluiah!
12. Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for our healthcare providers; I thank You for granting them the unique grace to care for sick folks. Lord, in the process of helping the sick, some of them have become sick; infected with diseases from those they are supposed to help recover. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I pronounce them healed. They are cleansed from every infection and plague. I pray that their hearts are emboldened with faith and courage to continue to do their job of providing healthcare for their patients. Amen.
13. Blessed Father, Your Word said that “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning” James 1: 17. Divine health and healing are from You. I pray that Christians would believe this fact and be inspired to live in divine health instead of placing their faith in doctors and medicines. Lord, Your Word said that without faith, it is impossible to please You. I pray for Christians, that as it is concern their health and receiving they would not fail to believe in You or Your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
14. The Lord cannot be tempted with evil neither does He tempt anyone with evil. Sickness is evil and it is not from the Lord. So the Lord does not use sickness or any instrument of the devil to humble any of His children. Lord God, like many that have this mindset, I pray that they are healed; that they are delivered from this wrong doctrine so that they can enjoy their inheritance in Christ Jesus. So many hold this belief hence they are being destroyed by sicknesses and ignorance. I pray that their minds be healed by the power of the Holy Spirit. I thank You, Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
15. Heavenly Father, I pray for patients in the Accident and Emergency Unit/ Wards in our hospitals. Some of them with no fault of theirs are in critical conditions right now sick or fighting for their lives in the hospital. Father, I pray that Your mercy rests upon them. I pray for a miracle and healing angels to be dispatch to these hospitals to stir up healings and quick recoveries. I pray that the doctors, nurses, and other healthcare providers are not overwhelmed and that they know what to do and do it at the right time, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.