The only way to have lasting peace in this troubled world is to turn to the Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of peace. He said in His Word, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” John 14: 27.
This presupposed that there is the peace of the world, very different from the peace that the Lord gives. Of course, we know that the world has no lasting peace. So seek the peace that only the Lord Jesus Christ can give you – Shalom (Peace with prosperity).
Here are 15 prayers for peace;
1. Most precious Father, I thank You for the peace only the Lord Jesus Christ can give. I receive that peace into my heart and spirit right now.
I declare that my heart will never be troubled or be afraid. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding garrison my heart in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
2. By the power of the Holy Spirit, I yield my heart to be ruled by the peace of Christ. A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand; I declare that my heart will not be troubled because the Lord God is with me.
My heart stays on God and His everlasting peace. Halleluiah! The Lord has blessed me. He keeps me and makes His face shine on me. He is gracious and has turned His face on me and gave me His peace. Bless be God.
3. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I refuse to let my heart be troubled because in You Lord I have my peace. I know that in this world there would be troubles, trials, tribulations, and persecutions but I refuse to be moved.
I refuse to allow fear in my heart because the Lord has overcome the world for me. I declare that in my going out and coming in, no weapon fashioned against me will prosper. Nothing in this world can steal my peace. I thank You, Lord God. Amen.
4. Father God, You said in Your Word that I should not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I should present my requests to You, and Your peace which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus.
I refuse to be anxious or allow my heart to be snared with the concerns of this world. My focus is on the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word that guarantees lasting peace. Amen.
5. Precious Father, Your Word says “For, Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it” 1 Peter 3: 10 – 11.
I seek and purse Your peace Lord by reframing my tongue and lips from evil and deceitful speeches, in Jesus Name. I declare that I am a peacemaker. I seek and live in peace with all men by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
6. Father in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I thank You for giving me peace at all times and in every way. Lord, in peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone makes me dwell in safety.
You keep in perfect peace he whose mind is stayed on You. I enjoy perfect peace today and always because my mind stays on the Lord Jesus Christ, the prince of peace. Glory to God! Amen.
7. Heavenly Father, blessed is Your Name forevermore. .Great peace has those who love Your Word, and nothing can make them stumble. I refuse to allow my heart and mind to be dominated by the flesh unto death.
My mind is governed by Your Spirit hence I enjoy life and peace. Lord, You give strength to Your people and bless them with Your peace. Your peace is my heritage in this present age in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
8. Gracious Father, You are the God of peace. Through the blood of the eternal covenant, You brought back from the dead the Lord Jesus Christ, that great Shepherd of the sheep.
I pray that You equip me with everything good for doing Your will, and may Your work in me be what is pleasing to You, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
9. Father, I thank You in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for Your Word in my heart. Your Word has the ability to prolong my life and bring me peace and prosperity. Your favor rest on me thus I enjoy Your peace.
I know that though the mountains are shaken and the hills are removed, yet Your unfailing love for me will not be shaken nor Your covenant of peace be removed because of Your compassion on me. Blessed be God forever!
10. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I receive grace and peace from God my Father. I declare that the God of hope fills me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope.
I have been justified by faith; I have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. I declare that my spirit is inundated with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness by the power of the Holy Spirit. I thank You Holy Father. Amen.
11. I declare that my ways please the Lord God and thus, I have peace with all men. Father, You are the God of peace. I thank You for sanctifying me completely. I declare that my whole spirit and soul and body are kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Glory to You Lord for there is a glorious future for me because I am a man/sister of peace, in Jesus’ Mighty Name. Amen.
12. Lord God, Your Word says in Isaiah 54: 13, “All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.” I pray for peace within my household. I declare that Your peace with prosperity reigns in my life and home, in Jesus’ Name.
Furthermore, You assure in Your Word also, that You will give peace in my land, and I shall lie down, and none shall make me afraid. You will remove harmful beasts from my land, and the sword shall not go through my land. I thank You, Lord God, for these assurances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
13. Lord God almighty, I thank You in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, for lifting up Your countenance upon me and giving me peace. You have indeed done for me all work and ordain peace for me as well.
It is by Your tender mercy Lord God, by which the dawn has visited me from on high to give light to me and to guide my feet into the way of peace. Glory to Your holy Name forevermore. Amen.
14. Lord God, I praise You for the peace You have made to me today. My heart knows no fear because Your peace continually mantles it. By the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me, I will never lack peace. I will continually peace from Your well of salvation.
Even when the world economy and circumstances around me try to sway my mind, I will refuse to be moved but maintain my composure because the peace of God floods my heart. I thank You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
15. Lord, You said in Your Word, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest” Matthew 11: 28. In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I rest in Your peace that brings prosperity. I cast all my cares and burdens at Your feet and rest in Your peace.
You refreshed me when I was weary and replenished me when I was weak. In You, I find satisfaction for my thirst and peace from my troubles. I refuse to fall because the Lord is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Glory to Your Name Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
If you like this post you might also like 5 prayers to bless your house.